We are committed to safeguarding your personal information (or personal data) in line with all applicable laws, including the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We act as a ‘controller’ of your personal data for the purposes of data protection laws. This means that Avatrial is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you, as described in the notice below.
Information We Collect:
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Personal Data That You Provide Through the Site:
Aggregated Personal Data:
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Site, the Company may conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behaviour based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregate basis, and the Company may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. The company may also disclose aggregated user statistics to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
The company is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties:
A company, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
The company may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
You can visit the Site without providing any Personal Data.
Links to Other Web Sites:
The company takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, emails sent to us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to the Company via the Internet.
The steps we take to protect your personal information:
We adopt a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in line with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We expect our third parties to adhere to the same requirements of data protection as stipulated in our contract terms with them.
How long do we retain your personal information:
We retain your personal information for only as long as the period required by law and statutory prescription unless there is a reason to extend the retention period because of business need, legal action, or associated investigations. Once a retention period has lapsed, Avatrial takes appropriate steps to dispose of such personal information.
Your data subject rights regarding your personal information:
Avatrial complies with data privacy laws such as the GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018. These laws and regulations provide data subjects with several rights over their personal information. Under these laws and regulations, you may be entitled to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
- Request the erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (in circumstances where Avatrial has previously obtained your consent)
If you would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by getting in touch with us; if you would like to make a complaint, please refer to the Supervisory Authorities section for further information.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What to do if you do not wish for us to hold your personal information
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us, you can always choose not to do so.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes as set out in this notice or that you may be unable to make use of Avatrial’s products or services.
Access to Information:
Avatrial welcomes all concerns, enquiries, and requests about how we process personal information and aims to expedite each completely. If unsatisfied with responses, you have the right to submit a complaint to the following supervisory authorities that Avatrial is registered with by using the links below.
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/